Monday, February 11, 2008

My Parents

Both of my parents were pioneers from North Ireland. My father, William Knox, was a great man. It is too bad that he died so early in my life. I wish that I could have known him just a little bit more, because I am sure that we would have continued being great friends. My father was a ship's captain who died in 1759 because of mental stress and financial problems. He was fifty years old when he died. I was only nine years old at the time of my father's tragic death. I missed him a lot as a child and still as an adult. Life was not easy without a father. I loved my father very much. My mother, Mary Campbell, was also a great person. Since my father died when I was nine years old, I left school at the age of twelve to support my mother. There is not much more for me to say about my mother. I am glad that my parents were who they were.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Wow! This is great information. You clearly did lots of research to learn about your person's childhood and later life.