Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Foe

Many people have asked me the question "who is your enemy?" Whenever anyone asked me that question, I would respond with two words, "the British." The reason for the British being my enemies is that they would not give my nation what it deserved, freedom. The British people would put taxes on everything from paper to tea. Second of all, the British were greedy. All they cared about was getting more and more money from the colonists and people in the colonies they discovered. The king already had enough money to live as happily as he wanted too, but no, he just keeps asking for more and more. The taxes were not cheap ether. Many people including me, had to give up many things that they loved to do, like drink tea in the afternoons, because the taxes were outrageously high! That is why I joined the army, to fight for my nation and for what I wanted, and to fight the British!

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Great post... I like how you talk to your reader like they are a friend. The tone makes the information really easy to digest.