Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Role In Building Our Nation

I assisted in building the nation we live in today. During my time as a soldier, I met and befriended George Washington. Washington and I became very good friends over the years that we served the army together. When Washington realized that our forces needed artillery, he asked me what I thought we should do. I told him that we should use cannon from Fort Ticonderoga, and he agreed. During the March of 1776, Washington seized Dorchester Height, the key to enter Boston, and I placed the cannon there. British General Howe, realizing the threat of being bombarded by our cannon, retreated with his troops from the city. The next day, the city of Boston was entered by triumphant Americans. After Washington captured Boston, I made sure that Rhode Island and Connecticut were properly defended for the British. I also helped our nation later on too.

No comments: